Leader Newspaper Prof. Morris leading way in Peritonectomy Surgery.
9 Nov 2016
Asbestos Cancer Patient needs help to get Life Prolonging Peritonectomy Surgery.
9 Oct 2016
Christine's story-Clinical Trial for IPEC and HIPEC at NYC Cancer Centre.
Daily Mail Mother saved with CRS/ HIPEC
12 Feb 2016
Audrey Hepburn's Son hopes for a PMP Cure!
19 Oct 2015 Sue Robson UK Express
NSW Health Minister pledges $1.5 million for expansion St George Cancer Care Centre.
28 August 2015 Murray Trembath Leader St George.
Ovarian Cancer Patients missing out on CRS / HIPEC when cumulative data so strong that oncologists have “no more excuses” for disregarding it.
3 August 2015 New York Times.
Another Appendix Cancer Patient Misdiagnosed.
9 April 2015 TWC News USA.
Young Woman with PMP had to have the CRS (Peritonectomy)/HIPEC surgery or I would have died.
25 March 2015.
$307 million upgrade to Sydney's St George Hospital so ICU problem to be fixed.
5 February 2015 Yahoo 7 News.
Peritonectomy (CRS) Surgery / HIPEC Saves Lives.
1 February 2015 FOXS News at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin.
National treatment centre for rare type of cancer established in Ireland.
3 January 2015 Irish Examiner
Two special centres in UK mean no funding issues for CRS (Peritonectomy) surgery.
11 December 2014 Basingstoke UK Meeting.
Professor Guy Maddern's tips on protecting yourself in surgery,"Go to a hospital that performs a lot of the type of surgery you are going to have, particularly if it is complex. Remember, practice makes perfect."
3 December 2014 SMH Amy Corderoy
Scary lack of funding for rare cancer research
27 Sept 2014 Amy Corderoy SMH
Rare cancer means pain, and waiting on the unknown:
24 April 2014 Jodie Stephens The Examiner.
The Future of Peritonectomy service.
The increasing understanding of outcomes is likely to drive demand.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District Surgical, Perioperative and Anaesthetic Clinical Services Plan 2013–2018
A new $6 million “contestable surgical pool” has been established that can be used to address unexpected demand or blow-outs in waiting lists.
NSW Budget 2014
More Funding Games
17 June 2014 SMH Amy Corderoy
Australian health system as bad as US study: Quality good but accessibility poor.
17 June 2014 Michael Koziol SMH
The Forgotten Cancers Project-research focused on rare cancers to improve survival.
Cancer Council Victoria June 2014
Restriction in ICU will be fixed so lives can be saved!
February 2013 - June 2014 Leader Newspaper.
Politicians play "Funding Games."
29 May 2014 SMH Dan Harrison
Scientists identify genetic blueprint for cancerous tumors of the appendix
12 May 2014 Journal of Clinical Chemistry
Patients with Rare Cancers are far less likely to survive as treatment is not accessible in time!
17 March 2014
Peritonectomy patients can wait for months but the statistics will still show they were treated on time as "on time" means within 12 months not within clinically recommended timeframes.
13 March 2014,11:07 AM
8 March 2014 SMH Jane Cadzow
Cancer of the appendix is a rare condition- Peritonectomy Surgery.
3 March 2014 ABC Radio National Heath Report Dr Norman Swan
Prof. Morris and his team save Maria Cassarino from cancer despite long wait.
14 February 2014 Telegraph.
Media pressure restores the date for Stacey Jaundrell's (QLD) cancelled life-saving operation at the PAH in Brisbane.
12 February 2014 Channel 9 News.
Limit on peritonectomy surgery decried - 72 NSW patients only.
15 January 2014 Deborah Field Leader Newspaper
- Quotas stop Peritonectomy surgery numbers rising and blow out waiting times so no additional federal funding.
People Power for Peritonectomies in Parliament
Amy Corderoy, SMH, 30 November 2013
Peritonectomy Patients need prompt surgery like other cancer patients provided 'within clinically recommended times" (within 30 or 90 days) and not within 12 months which is "timely" surgery.
28 November 2013 Nine News.
Currow, CEO NSW Cancer Institute, endorses the discriminatory quota system of 72 operations per year for only NSW patients.
21 November 2013 Leader Deborah Field.
Surgery priorities for peritonectomies
21 November 2013 Leader Newspaper- St George.
- NICOLE Perko, whose eight-month battle to secure lifesaving surgery attracted celebrity attention, is set to go into theatre on Thursday.
ANDREW PRIESTLEY, MANLY DAILY, 04 NOVEMBER 2013 12:17PM
- Cancer mum's desperate plea to health authorities
19 October 2013 Ross Tyson Northern Daily Leader.
- Nicole Perko to get cancer surgery next week
SMH, Anna Patty, 1 November 2013
- Jillian Skinner joins search for Nicole Perko's life-saving surgery
SMH, Anna Patty, 15 October 2013
- St George Hospital cuts cancer surgery
Fiona Brewer, ABC NEWS 11 October 2013
- Celebrities join online campaign to save Nicole Perko
Anna Patty, Sydney Morning Herald, 10 October 2013
- People power cause for cancer mum
NINE MSN, 10 October 2013
- Cancer patient hopeful for surgery after chemo fails
Charis Chang, Manly, DAILY 02 August 2013 4:35PM
- Two mothers wait anxiously to hear of surgery date
Charis Chang, Manly, DAILY, 22 July 2013 4:40PM
- NSW operating theatres lack efficiency: state auditor
Anna Patty, Sydney Morning Herald 17 July 2013
- Pressure on Health Minister to explain surgery delays
Charis Chang, Manly, DAILY 12 July 2013 6:03PM
- Plan to restore surgery unit
Cathy O'Leary Medical Editor, The West Australian 7 July 2013.
- Cancer Patients around NSW still waiting for life saving surgery.
Telegraph 5 July 2013
- Cancer patients around NSW still waiting for lifesaving surgery
Manly Daily 5 July 2013
- Running out of time.
Manly Daily 8 June 2013
- Lives at risk from cuts to specialist surgery
Sydney Morning Herald, 1 June 2013
- Hospital backflip on life-saving surgery
Amy Corderoy, Sydney Morning Herald, 31 May 2013-6.30 pm
- Surgery freeze a cause for concern
Amy Corderoy, Sydney Morning Herald, 31 May 2013-3:36PM
- Funds run out for cancer operations
Amy Corderoy, Sydney Morning Herald, 31 May 2013
- Shadow Minister for Health, Dr Andrew McDonald, has presented the first 500 original signatures on the Petition to Parliament. The NSW Minister for Health, Jillian Skinner, has 35 days to respond.
Hansard 13 March 2013
- Federal Health Minister, the Hon. Tanya Plibersek MP criticised the Victorian Government for delivering hospital services beyond clinically recommended times
ABC News Radio 28 February 2013
- AMA report slams NSW hospital waiting times saying patients are dying unnecessarily
Channel 7 , February, 2013
- Lives threatened in the crossfire of political games
Australian Financial Review pg 44 25 February 2013
- Reduced cancer surgery puts lives at risk
Amy Corderoy, Sydney Morning Herald, 17 February 2013
QLD victim renews plea for help
12 February 2013 Michelle Price myGC
- Cancer surgery wait times grows
The Leader, 10 February 2013
- Bureaucrats blamed for cancer delay
Kate Bastians, The West Australian 22 November 2012